Mona Yousif Almoayyed hails from one of Bahrain’s most established entrepreneurial families. She acquired her education in Business Administration from the distinguished Westminster University of London.
She sits on the board of the following entities:
• The Managing Director of Y.K Almoayyed & Sons which has over 300 internationally renowned brands ranging from luxury goods and home electronics to heavy equipment and concrete.
• The first woman to be elected to the Board of a publicly traded company in Bahrain – Bahrain Maritime and Mercantile International is a diversified retail ad logistics capability.
• The Chairwoman and Head of the Audit Committee of Ebdaa Bank, a micro financing non-profit making bank that supports micro projects by enabling disadvantaged categories, especially women, to improve their standards of living through self-employment.
• In December 2018 she was elected as a Member of the Bahrain Shura Council by HRH King Hamad Bin Isa Al Khalifa which is the second chamber in the legislative house.
• A Member of the Board of The Child Care Home which provides facilities and amenities necessary for the care of the children of unknown parents, orphans and children of socially disrupted families.
• A Member of the International Peace Institute Middle East which is an independent, international not-for-profit think tank dedicated to managing risk and building resilience to promote peace, security, and sustainable development.
• A Member to the Board at The French Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Bahrain, that works to enhance the Business and Economic ties between France & Bahrain.
• A Member to the Board of Directors of The Arab International Women’s Forum a London based organization which aims to support and enhance the role of women in the social and economic development of their countries and across the Middle East region.
• She was the founding member of the Bahrain Businesswomen’s Society (BBWS) which seeks to empower Bahraini businesswomen and to encourage and promote their business skills, in order to become competitive members of the global economy.
• The Chairwoman for three terms from 2006 – May 2012, also the Chairwoman of the Migrant Workers Protection Society (MWPS) for three terms from 2005 – June 2011 and currently the society’s Honorary Patron.
• The Chairwoman of the AlMuntada Society for two terms from 2013 – 2017, a society for promoting liberal thinking, equality and transparency in the Kingdom of Bahrain.
• She further solidified her credentials as a professional pioneer by becoming the first woman to be elected to the Board of the Bahrain Chamber of Commerce and Industry (BCCI) in the year 2001.
Throughout her illustrious journey, she went on to win various prestigious awards and recognitions, with the recent ranking in 2021, by Arabic Forbes 10th amongst 100 Power Businesswomen in the Middle East.